What do you check for when verifying emails?
- Here is a small list of verifications :
- Whether an email has a valid format of not. For example – “email@example.com” is a valid format.
- Whether an email looks legitimate. For example “firstname.lastname@example.org” isn’t a legitimate email address
- We check if the domain name is being used for a temporary email address.
- We check for email addresses on a webmail – Gmail and Hotmail are an example
- A check of the MX records. If there aren’t any MX records for a domain, it means it cannot receive emails.
- Catch-All Server : Find That Email checks if a server is catch-all or not. Similar to other services.